Past and recent projects carried out by the agency
Achievement of House of Assembly Service Commission
- Inter-Commission Visits:- The Commission continues to have interactions with sister Commissions with a view to exchanging ideas and comparing notes for development. The Commission visited Kaduna and Lagos States House of Assembly Service Commissions in year 2013 and 2014 respectively.
- The South – West Commissioners Visit to Oyo State:- The South West Commissioners of the National Assembly Service Commission paid a visit to the Commission on Monday 2nd June, 2014. It was a useful time of meaningful interaction of comparing notes and ideas.
- Schemes of Service and Commission’s Regulations:- The Commission was able to publish the Schemes of Service and regulations in year 2014.
- Appointment/Recruitment:- The Commission employed a total of Twenty – five (25) staffers for the House of Assembly and Service Commission.
- Conversion/Advancement:- The Commission successfully interviewed and approved the conversion of 28 officers to ensure effective and efficient Legislative Service. The Commission had on the 27th February, 2020 approved the advancement of two (2) members of staff of the House of Assembly in fulfilment of one of its primary function.
- Training and Staff Development:- The Commission remains committed to training and staff development which is in consonance with Human Capital Development Programme of the Oyo State Government.
- Training and re-training programmes were organised for the staff and political officer holders with the objectives of sharpening their administrative and managerial skills sand ensuring quality management and leadership to assist the House to deliver excellent parliamentary service to the people of Oyo State.
- Manpower Development of Staff:- The House of Assembly and House commission and Commission Staff continue to participate in some In-House training programmes organized by the State Government for all cadres in the Civil Service.
- Empowerment Programme:- Two (02) empowerment programmes were organized by the Commission in year 2016. These are:
- In – house training for Legislative and Commission staff employed between 2012 and 2015.
- Health Workshop on Cervical Cancer Screening Exercise organized for female Staff of House of Assembly and House Commission.
- The Commission recently got an approval from His Excellency, the Executive Governor of the State; Engr. Seyi Makinde for the recruitment of Chief Printing Officer, GL.14 and Printing Officer I, GL.09 for effective functioning of the Printing Press Department of the House of Assembly Advertisement for the vacancy was published in the Nigerian Tribune of Monday 24th February, 2020 and closed on 4th March, 2020.